Excellence Research Chair in Computational Science and Scientific Computing
Maison de la Simulation is opening a call for proposal for an Excellence Research Chair in Computational Science / Scientific Computing. The goal of this chair is to establish an ambitious research project at Maison de la Simulation. This call is oriented toward researchers, or small research groups, who wish to develop a 3 to 5 years project at Maison de la Simulation. It will promote multidisciplinary research aiming at the development of original numerical methods in order to achieve significant progress in a given scientific field. The selected team will develop its project within the multidisciplinary scientific environment of Maison de la Simulation and will be awarded:
- Funding for:
- One or two PhDs
- One post-doctoral position (2years)
- One engineer position (18 month)
- Travel, workshop organisation, small equipment, …
- Support from HPC / visualisation engineers from Maison de la Simulation
- Part-time Délégation CNRS for (assistant-)professors from French Universities.
- Access to local facilities (cluster, stereoscopic wall…)
Application process: The selection process will take place in two steps:
- Applicants should first send a short document including a brief description (< 5 pages) of their research project (main scientific goals, numerical bottlenecks and challenges…) and a short curriculum vitae (1 page) of the participant(s). Applications should be sent before November 1st 2013 to
- Following the review of these applications, a small number of projects will be asked to provide a full scientific description of their project and to give a presentation in front of the selection panel (before the end of the year).
For further information, please send us an email at: